Avocados are a great addition to your diet for many reasons. For one thing, avocados provide numerous health benefits including promoting heart and cardiovascular heart, reducing your risk of cancer and contributing to antioxidant absorption and battling inflammation. But along with all these benefits, avocados are just plain delicious!
While recipes like guacamole just can’t do without avocados, the green superfoods have plenty of unusual uses. From desserts to fruit salads, read on to find the weirdest and most delicious avocado recipes we’ve found.
1. Dark Chocolate Mocha Avocado Mousse
This avocado-infused dessert from Deliciously Yum is a healthy and satisfying way to curb your chocolate cravings. The recipe calls for little more than dark chocolate, espresso, avocado and coconut milk, so all you need is a food processor to whip those ingredients into a deliciously fluffy mousse.
2. Margarita Glazed Avocado Cake
The vegan dessert from 10th Kitchen looks a bit like banana bread, only green and full of heart healthy goodness. The addition of lime zest adds a citrus zing to the mild flavor of the cake’s avocado base, and a margarita glaze tops it off with sweetness and a bit of a kick.
3. Chilled Zucchini Avocado Soup
Vanilla & Spice brings us this chilled soup that’s perfect for summer. If you’ve ever tried the Spanish dish gazpacho, you’ll know what to expect from this delicious and refreshing cold soup. Avocado, zucchini and yogurt blend into a smooth and mild soup perfect for sipping on hot summer afternoons.
4. Grilled Pineapple and Avocado Salsa
Avocado is a popular salsa ingredient, but this pineapple-based version is more yellow than red and replaces the spicy kick of chilis with a tart citrus sweetness. This brighter take on traditional salsa from Krafted Koch balances smooth avocado and sweet pineapple for a delicious dip, snack or taco topping.
5. Avocado and Chocolate Ice Cream
Avocado ice cream? It’s a surprising combination to be sure, but Beloved Green has created a recipe that will please even the biggest sweet tooth. Golden raspberries, lime and chocolate add a refreshing summer sweetness to creamy avocado for a healthy and delicious ice cream.
6. Mango Strawberry Avocado Fruit Salad
That Skinny Chick Can Bake reminds us that avocados are technically a fruit with this tasty fruit salad. Avocado pieces add a creamy texture that blends perfectly with the crispness of mango and strawberry, while the recipe adds jicama for a pleasant crunch. Top with orange lime dressing for a salad that’s equal parts sweet and surprising.
7. Avocado Peach Summer Rolls
This vibrant and colorful take on Vietnamese summer rolls from Katie at the Kitchen Door brings a unique taste and texture to a summer classic with peach slices and avocado. Invite friends over and turn wrapping the rolls into a fun and social afternoon!
8. Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Cilantro Dip
These sweet potato fries from WholeYum are baked rather than fried, making them a whole lot healthier but just as tasty. The deliciously crispy fries are given a bit of a kick with paprika and chili powder and the creamy avocado dip is the perfect complement.
It’s easy to add the health benefits and delicious taste of avocado to your diet, whether it’s in a salad, dessert or just fresh out of the peel. Tell us, what are your favorite avocado recipes? Which of our picks are you looking forward to trying?
Tooth discoloration could be extrinsic in nature – caused by outside factors such as foods, beverages, and habits. Or it could be intrinsic – stains that are within the tooth. These are stains that have crystallized and have been incorporated within the tooth structures since formation of the tooth. Examples of intrinsic stains are fluorosis and tetracycline stains.
These stains could be addressed by two ways: home care or by professional teeth whitening.
Home care teeth whitening are done by the patient himself without any help from the dental professional. The dentist would advise the patient with the best method for that particular patient. Home care teeth whitening include teeth whitening kits, teeth whitening trays, teeth whitening pens, home teeth whitening remedies, and a lot more. Daily tooth brushing and flossing and preventive measures are also included in hope care teeth whitening. The instruments used could all be easily bought in different supermarkets and boutiques at a very affordable price. The best advantage of home care teeth whitening would be the flexibility on the part of the patient. The patient has the freedom to use the product at the time they want or when they are more available. But this kind of method requires the compliance of the patient.
The other method would be professional teeth whitening. Both extrinsic and intrinsic stains could be addressed by professional teeth whitening. When extrinsic stains are too thick or could not be removed by the patient themselves, then having a dental professional to help them is deemed necessary. Only a dentist could address intrinsic stains because treatment may need a more complicated procedure. Some procedures that could address intrinsic stains are jacket crowns, bleaching, and root canal treatments. Usually this could cost more compared to home care teeth whitening. It also needs several appointments. This means the patient must be willing to give their time to assure the success of the treatment. But after each appointment, there is a visible change in tooth shade.
As you can see there are different pros and cons between home care teeth whitening and professional teeth whitening. There is indeed a need for the consultation of a dentist because there are certain things to consider such as the cause of stains, your budget, and the overall health and status of the oral cavity. The choice of what you would use would be decided by you and your dentist.
Hopefully, this short article will help you be enlightened on tooth whitening, the causes and ways to treat and address it.
Quoth the raven, “You have fresh young skin and you can do whatever.”
1. Your face is a fresh, dewy wonder. Had a crazy night out? Later in life, you’ll spend 45 minutes in the bathroom trying to look slightly less like Charlize Theron in Monster. But for now, you could spend all night doing crank in a radiation lab and still wake up looking 17.
2. You’re still that person who “just doesn’t get hangovers!” Hahaha, oh boy, JUST YOU WAIT.
3. You’re free of any high school and early college labels you may have accrued. When you go to happy hour with your coworkers, or out with a new guy, they don’t know that you were considered the “responsible one” in high school, or that you once drunkenly puked in the broom closet of a frat house, or had bad hair, or that your nickname used to be Jenna Teeth Blowjob. You’re free to reinvent yourself. (Jenna Awesome Blowjob?)
4. You have an excuse to upgrade your wardrobe for both work and play. This ain’t no sweatpants-to-your-11 a.m.-recitation shit. Once you land your first job, you have an excuse to go on a profesh-woman shopping spree. (And counter it with a bunch of hot going-out outfits.)
5. Theme parties. Truth bomb: After the age of 25 you will never go to another Great Gatsby-themed house party again. May as well give the flapper number to Goodwill and check your “getting wasted in period attire” pass at the door.
6. You can prematurely start the beauty routines that will Benjamin Button your twentysomething self for years to come. Moisturizer! Eye cream! Way ahead of the game if you start these ASAP. I didn’t moisturize until I was 23 and when I told a bunch of friends this, they looked at me like I’d just pooped on the table.
7. You can go out in American Apparel dresses without questioning the age-appropriateness of it/you/every decision you’ve made. Go forth and purchase that body-con U-neck dress with no remorse. You look amazing.
8. You can still be on your parents’ insurance. Do not underestimate the importance of access to Pap smears and root canals.
9. You can still be on the family plan. How much does it cost to send one text? You don’t know, do you.
10. Going to a music festival is still exciting and awesome and not a living nightmare. Ditto for low-budget road trips. Or sleeping on anyone’s floor. Or couch-surfing.